Sunday, January 6, 2008

Poetry Inspired By the Striking Illustrations and Fabulous, Descriptive Vocabulary Found in Snowflake Bentley and Owl Moon




Snowflakes
Sparkling, frosting white
Flowers falling from the sky
Different ways,
Different shapes and sizes.
Someone has cut paper,
Drifting gently,
Down,
Down,
Down.
--Thea


Winter
Owl up drifting, watching,
Licking of fast deer,
Moon covered with snow.
Ice hard – skate and split.
All quiet, all soft.
-Thea


Snowflakes
I found the most perfect snowflake.
I took a picture of it,
Its softness of melting,
Like the petals of a sunflower.
I wish there were more.
-
Philip


Snowflakes
At January,
I caught two little snowflakes
That landed on my back.
Both of them were
Skinny, blinking,
And soft like a dandelion.
-
Philip


Snowflakes
Snowflakes, icicles,
Falling gently,
Gracefully,
Shivering cold –
Brrr!
Melting –
Yikes!
There goes the snow mountain!
-
Abby


Snow
Flakes
Gently
Beautifully
Gracefully
Shivering cold
Flying down
Melting
-
Abby


Snowflakes
Gracefully falling,
Toward, backward,
Twirling around…
Enjoying wind,
Having fun –
Wow!
-
Gillian

Icicles and Snow
Icicles dripping,
Drip drop…
Drip drop…
Snow crunching,
Crunch,
Crunch,
Crunch.
Icicles melting,
Snow melting,
BYE-BYE!
-
Gillian


Snow
Icy Icicles,
Snowballs,
Crisp snowflakes.
Stormy blizzard!
Freezing cold,
Feeling like
An abominable snowman,
Bundled up
BIG!
-
Stanley


Snow
Snow is white as clouds
Snow is white as cold
Drifting through the hard snow
Listening for owls
This is nice and cute,
Chasing after birds.
-
Tavia


If I Was a Snowflake
If I was a snowflake,
I would be falling from the sky,
I’d be fuzz falling from no where,
I’d be somewhere in that
Bowl of milk.
-
Emma


Snowflake
The flake is as cold as ice.
When your quiet –
Droop,
Droop.
The flake is as soft as yarn.
When it melts, it looks like
Gooey,
Gooey
Marshmallows.
-
Zion


Snowflakes
Snowflakes fall like leaves.
They’re as white as clear water.
Snowflakes are light like a rabbit.
They shine like a chandelier
And sparkle like the moon.
-
Zion


Snowflakes
They shine like a light bulb,
They glow like a star.
Most of all,
They fly like a bird.
You will be delighted by the snow.
Snow is the BEST!
-
Daniel


Snowflakes
Snow is falling!
Where did it come from?
It is as white as sweet candy!
It covers everything.
I love the prettiness of snow!
-
Gus


Snowflake
My snowflake
Likes winter,
Being in a snowball,
Is frozen,
Part of a snowman,
And is always cold.
-
Zyeem


My Snowflake
My snowflake in my hand,
I imagine what if it could be alive?
I bet it would be a boy,
Who loves hamburgers and fries,
And likes to play basketball.
He must love winter!
-Zyeem


Snow
Dancing in the sky, swirling all around,
Gracefully going,
Gently coming down.
I go outside, step in the snow,
It’s like I’m stepping in crunchy Cheerios.
When I look at the snow,
It looks whiter than a glass of milk.
-
Hannah


Snow
I jump out of bed and get my sled
When I see the snow outside.
When I am outside,
Dazzling down comes snowflakes
All around me.
When I get inside, I sit down, and
I say I want hot chocolate today.
-
Hannah


Snowflakes
The snowflakes are white as milk.
She hops and pops like popcorn.
Wishes and kisses goodnight.
White like clouds up above,
Dancing and prancing in the night.
-
Kiera


Snowflake
The snowflakes are as white as paper.
I’m walking and talking to my snow friends.
When I step, I hear the snow crunch.
I catch a snowflake in my hand.
I imagine that she has six baby girls and a boy.
I blow it away from my hand,
Because I smell the wind of
My favorite food – pie!
-
Kiera


Snowflakes
Pushing to get out of the cloud,
Beautifully floating through the air.
Puffed up and frosting on the ground.
Rolled up in tree balls with
A hat and a scarf.
Cristally, sparkly on the grass.
-
Madison


Snow
Majorly cold,
Our feet crunched over the crisp snow,
The little gray footprints follow behind.
Freezingly being smashed in kids’ faces.
Way to go snow!
-Madison

No comments: